Wednesday 6 May 2009

Better late than never!!

Well, this is a bit late but I've not been well! I've still got a stinker of a cold, YUK, but I feel better than I did. Everyone who commented on my RAK post will get at least one card. Email me at maciver@tesco.net if you're one of those people. If you didn't already say what card you'd like most then please let me know. I'm on a tight schedule in that I leave for the US a week today so need to know soon!
Well my visa is all done. I spent a little time in the rain outside here and lots more time inside!


It actually took about half the time it did last time which was nice. I was a lot more prepared as well. I took food, drink and reading material this time!! My passport has arrived back and I've booked my flight.

My stomach has not really stopped doing cartwheels for about 2 and a half weeks now. Last time I went to Riverwoods I finished work three weeks before I left and I kind of got used to the idea that I was actually going much earlier. This time I haven't finished work yet and I kind of had a light bulb moment at the embassy when it really hit me, full force. I'm actually leaving kind of soon!!

I only have two shifts left at work now and I don't think everyone realises I'll be gone for three months. To be honest I can't remember who I've told and who I haven't. I work with so many people and the shifts we work mean you can go three weeks easily without seeing someone. I sent an email to everyone to tell them what's going on. I'm sure I'll still come back to rumours (that place thrives on gossip) and sup rise that I'm back!

I have one Sunday at church to go. Again I don't remember who knows and who doesn't! I'm really a goldfish in disguise, three second memory!! I'm really gonna miss the kids who I do children's work with. There are four babies in the church under 1 year old. Three months is a long time in their lives. I shall miss seeing them change.

Look now I've made myself all maudlin! I did get home sick last time. Not everyday by any means, but there were days when my heart hurt. If you're the praying kind please remember me in your prayers. I shall be spending my third birthday in a row away from home. Don't get me wrong I really want to go and have many wonderful friends at Riverwoods but everyone feels down sometimes. I'm just so overwhelmingly grateful that I have God to be there with me at those times!

Anyway enough now! Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: