Saturday 25 April 2009

1 year, 5 months, 3 days...........

..........since I last blogged. I hope I can remember how!! So lets do a little recap.
Faith

Well, God willing, in less than a month I'm going back to Riverwoods to work on the summer camp. This time it's not quite so much of a jump off a cliff as I can take unpaid leave from work and I don't have a flat to give up, but it still means that I need God so much for support. I feel like it's definitely the right thing for me to do. I have prayed about it and the paperwork and stuff is much easier this time. I'll be on the leadership staff this summer as well as the health care staff. Those of you who pray, please do! I'll need it as leadership can be a massive challenge. I've never had to deal with some of the situations that I may encounter doing it so please pray for wisdom.

Scrapping

Most, if not all, of my LO's these days are made with Studio Calico kits. I love them. Scarlet and April the owners co-ordinate everything so perfectly. I makes life so easy. I'm thinking of selling most of my other stash on Ebay because it never gets used! They have a new kit going live on Tuesday morning at 5am GMT. I shall be getting up for this one because my mum has promised to buy the project kit for my birthday. I know my birthday isn't until July but I'll be in Illinois by then so it makes sense. The project kit is a canvas album by Donna Downey. It looks gorgeous and I plan to use it for some photos from camp this year. In the small amount of time off that I get I should be able to do little bits on it. Hopefully that'll give me the scrappy fix I need.

This is my latest LO. It's made with the January Studio Calico kit. I'm seriously behind! The baby in the picture is my friend's little girl. She's four days old in this picture. Totally gorgeous!






I used Maya mists on the background. I sprayed metallic turquoise on first, then masked the star and sprayed sliver over the top. I then used a template to stitch around the outline. I think I may be addicted to the mists!!

Cars

Not much to say here really. I went to Le Mans again last year.





It was wonderful as usual. The sound that reverberates around the start/finish straight is totally amazing. It echoes right down inside you. There's just nothing like it. I will never get sick of it.





Aston Martin won the GT1 category. They raced in the lovely Gulf colours.

Talking of Astons, they revealed this recently.

It's the concept of their one-77. Now I love Astons and this car is gorgeous, but £1,000,000!!

Anyway, that's it for now. I shall be back soon with a little scrappy RAK. See you soon.

5 comments:

mborrero said...

Glad you are back in the blogging world. Those cras are gorgeous examples of superlative design.

Hazel Donovan said...

Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
cash for cars rockhampton
car removal rockhampton

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up!
cash for cars melbourne
cash for unwanted cars melbourne

Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing such nice information with us, I love your blog because most of the person wants to get rid of the problem of damaged car and they wish to remove it and want some handsome cash and I appreciate your blog for this info.
cash for cars beenleigh
cash for scrap cars beenleigh

Hashtag Car Removal said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
car removal sydney
old car removal sydney